We offer an extended seminar every summer
Learn why this is a great way to gain skills quickly
Reach out with any questions or inquiries
NYCSS Summer Intensive
The need for actors to know how to fight is bigger than ever. There’s never been a better time to channel your inner fighter and train in stage and screen combat!
Our goal is to provide a place where actors can hone their craft in creating safe violence for stage and screen. NYCSS focuses on grounding fights in martial reality to make sure the action is highly realistic, while also being an integral part of the story and revealing character.
Stay Tuned for Update on our 2021 Intensive!
Our 2020 ‘mini’ Intensive
This year, NYCSS decided to hold a weapon-focused, weekend long ‘mini’ Intensive. The event followed all precautions and protocols for in-person training and was held August 21st, 22nd, and 23rd.
Spend Less, Create a Foundation or Hone Your Craft in This Intensive Training Experience!
The “Mini” 2020 New York Intensive
3 FULL DAYS OF TRAINING ONLY $295.00
ALL LEVELS WELCOME!
Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced
(Due to the ebb and flow of coronavirus conditions we are not locking down the full content of the event in order to stay malleable and to make sure we’re upholding the highest safety measures possible)
Training Will Focus On:
a selection of weapons such as:
concept focus including:
- Acting the Fight
- Violence Performance Theory
The well-being of our students and instructors is our top priority, therefore the following health and safety protocols will be in place.
- NYCSS will CANCEL this workshop at any time if deemed appropriate by the city, state or our own judgement.
In the event this workshop is cancelled, all participants will receive a full refund
COVID-19 Protocols in place:
- An NYCSS Admin will be taking temperatures at the beginning of every day to allow admittance into the Event.
- MASKS will be worn at all times indoors & outdoors on the training grounds.
- Social Distancing practices will be in place at all times, including lunch breaks (which will be enjoyed outdoors if at all possible).
- In the event of rain or inclement weather, an indoor space will be prepared.
- If any participant is feeling ill leading up to or during the weekend, they will be asked to stay home and will be refunded accordingly (full or partial depending on days participated).
Past Summer Intensives: